Hinckley Spillway Swim Area
Hinckley Lake Swimming Area is located on Bellus Road and East Drive in Hinckley Reservation.
Construction of the dam started in 1926 and was built with the purpose to block water from the Rocky River to hold back enough to fill a 100-acre lake. Today, part of Hinckley Lake is enjoyed by visitors as a sandy swimming area.
Lifeguard On DutyLifeguards on duty the first weekend in June through
August 9, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Phone: 440-331-8635 or 440-331-8111
- Picnic area
- All-Purpose Trail
- Head-first entries
- flotation devices (other than U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets)
- glass containers
- masks or snorkels, scuba equipment
- pets on the beach or in the water
- alcohol or drugs
- spitting, spouting of water
- nose blowing
- defecation in the water
- access to the water for any person with open sores or wounds
- children younger than eight years of age without adult (18 years of age or older) supervision.
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks Waterfront Rules and Regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.