Hinckley Spillway Swim Area
Phone: 440-331-8635 or 440-331-8111
Lifeguards On-Duty: First Weekend in June through mid-August, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Construction of the dam started in 1926 and was built with the purpose to block water from the Rocky River to hold back enough to fill a 100-acre lake. Today, part of Hinckley Lake is enjoyed by visitors as a sandy swimming area.
Concession stand, operated by Spillway Snacks, boathouse, restrooms, grills, picnic area, parking
Rules & Regulations
- Head-first entries
- flotation devices (other than U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets)
- glass containers
- masks or snorkels,
- pets on the beach or in the water
- alcohol or drugs
- spitting, spouting of water
- nose blowing
- defecation in the water
- access to the water for any person with open sores or wounds
- children younger than eight years of age without adult (18 years of age or older) supervision.
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks Waterfront Rules and Regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.