About Cleveland Metroparks Historical Interpreter
Cleveland Metroparks provides visitors with the chance to experience history first-hand through historical interpretation. Each of Cleveland Metroparks 18 reservations embrace both obvious and hidden treasures to past generations, including Native American artifacts, remnants of early pioneer lifestyles, and turn-of-the-century structures.
Images of the past and stories of times long gone are brought to life through costumed characters and historical programs. History comes alive for participants of all ages through the exploration of artifacts, pictures and natural features. The programs blend the history of Cleveland Metroparks reservations with the cultural and natural history of Cleveland. A variety of historical programs can also be tailored for organizations and school groups.
Scheduling a Program
Call 440-786-8530 to reserve a program.
- Available Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Evening and weekend presentations are offered by special arrangement.
- All programs listed are currently free of charge to groups in Cuyahoga County and Hinckley Township.
To book a presentation, arrangements should be made at least two months prior to the program date.
Please have the following information ready when you call
We request a minimum of 8 people per group.
- Program of choice (view program list)
- Dates/times your group would like to schedule
- Length of program desired (all programs are 30 – 60 minutes in length)
- Group name, address, phone number and contact person
- Indicate whether group will need a sound system
Things to remember on the day of your program
- Please call if you are unable to keep your scheduled program (Phone: 440-786-8530)
- Dress appropriately for outdoor programs
- Historical Interpreter/Naturalist typically needs at least 10 minutes for set-up before presentation
- Programs are offered which support Ohio's State Proficiency outcomes
- Programs can be conducted at your group’s location or at a Cleveland Metroparks facility
- Programs listed can be altered to meet individual group's needs
- Special programs can be arranged on a specific topic if adequate time is allowed in advance
- If educational characters are not suitable, each program can be offered in an instructive format without theatrics
Historical Interpreter, Foster Brown > Find Out More...
To schedule a program or for more information concerning specific lessons, contact: Foster Brown at 440-786-8530.
Foster Brown has been a historical
interpreter/naturalist with Cleveland Metroparks
since 1996. Foster has produced several award-winning
children's music albums revealing the
joys of nature, and songs and stories of Cleveland
Metroparks and the Ohio and Erie Canal days in
early Ohio. More...