Food Service Attendant
Location: Sleepy Hollow Concessions
Job Type: Variable
The Food Service Attendant prepares assigned location for daily service operations and provides food preparation, cooking, sales of food and beverage to provide a pleasant dining experience. The incumbent is responsible for accurate accounting of cash and all transactions and assists with location inventory controls.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all customers and the general public.
- Operates a point of sale (POS) system and accounts for daily sales while following cash control procedures.
- Prepares, cooks, and serves food in a prompt, courteous and timely manner.
- Sells and serves alcoholic beverages according to Ohio Department of Liquor Control regulations/standards.
- Follows all health and safety requirements of the Cuyahoga County Health Department and state regulations.
- Ensures the serving area (i.e., restaurant, bar area, and kitchen) is clean, well organized, and presentable in compliance with the Board of Health Standards.
- Performs inventory control: completes weekly inventory sheets and daily restocking of product/supplies.
- May include beverage cart duties, working a concession trailer at various park events, and catered events.
- Performs opening and closing procedures as directed.
- Incumbent is eligible to receive tips as authorized compensation in accordance with Park District tip policy when performing direct customer food-service functions (e.g., waiting tables, working food concession counter).
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Prior food service experience preferred. Depending on nature (i.e., level of alcohol service) of specific position, may be required to meet the following age requirements:
- Any age to handle beer, wine mixed beverages or liquor in sealed containers in connection with storage, warehousing, placement, or delivery or in open containers in connection with cleaning tables or handling empty bottles or glasses.
- Age 18 or older to handle beer, wine, mixed beverages or liquor in sealed containers in connection with wholesale or retail sales;
- Age 19 or older to handle, sell or deliver beer in any manner (including open containers);
- Age 19 or older to handle or sell wine, mixed beverages or liquor in the capacity of a waiter or waitress; and
- Age 21 or older to sell mixed beverages or intoxicating liquor across a bar.
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage service including cooking and food preparation.
- Basic math skills and ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
WAGE: $8.10 per hour
HOURS: Up to 1,000 per year
DATE POSTED: 11/20/2015
FILING DEADLINE: 12/4/2015
TO APPLY: Retrieve a seasonal application at www.clevelandmetroparks.com and mail it to:
Department of Human Resources #15269
4101 Fulton Parkway
Cleveland, OH 44144
Cleveland Metroparks is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.