Cross-country skiing is permitted on hiking, bridle, and all purpose trails (that have not been plowed). As well as the fairways and rough areas of Big Met, Little Met, Shawnee Hills, Seneca, Mastick Woods, Washington and Sleepy Hollow golf courses with a four-inch snow base.
When conditions are favorable, cross-country ski trails are groomed at Big Met and Seneca golf courses.
For cross-country ski conditions call 216-635-3270, 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week.
Cross-country ski rentals are available at Big Met Golf Course in Rocky River Reservation when there is a four-inch snow base. For hours call, 440-331-1070.
Big Met Winter Rental Rates
Skiers are reminded to practice these common sense rules:
|| $10/first hour
| Junior Skis
(12 and under)
| $7/first hour
|| $8/first hour
| Junior Snowshoes
(12 & under)
| $5/first hour
- Before skiing, check the equipment for cracks or other faults that could weaken skis, poles or boots
- Ski within ability and skill, in terms of distance and speed
- Ski on the right side of the trail and pass other skiers with caution
- Keep poles close to body
- Downhill skiers always have the right of way
- Please step off the track or leave the trail when stopping or if it is busy
- Obey all Park District regulations and trail markings
- Skiers are asked not to ski on the tees or greens and to use the groomed and marked courses on the golf courses.