Lifeguards On-Duty: First Weekend in June through mid-August, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Phone: 440-331-8111 or 440-331-8635
- Concession stand
- Picnic tables
- Boating area
- Paddle boat and kayak rentals
- Fishing and ice-fishing area
- Swimming beach
- 2-3 Person Rental for ½ hour: $7
- 2-4 4-5 Person Rental for ½ hour: $10
- 2-5 2-3 Person Rental for 1 hour: $10
- 2-6 4-5 Person Rental: $13
1 Person: $8
Standup Paddleboards (new for 2014):
- 1 Person Rental for 1/2 hour: $10
- 1 Person Rental for 1 hour: $16
Rules & Regulations
- Head-first entries
- Flotation devices (other than U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets)
- Glass containers
- Masks or snorkels
- Scuba equipment
- Pets on the beach or in the water
- Alcohol or drugs
- Spitting, spouting of water, urination, nose blowing, or defecation in the water
- Access to the water for any person with open sores or wounds
- Children younger than eight years of age without adult (18 years of age or older) supervision
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks Waterfront Rules and Regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.
Enjoy tasty treats at the Quarry Rock Cafe concession stand with a variety of snacks, beverages and ice cream with Toft's hand dipped, soft serve and novelties. Bait is also available for sale at the concession stand. For additional information call 440-826-1682.
Wallace Lake is located on Valley Parkway, one mile south of Bagley Road in Mill Stream Run Reservation. The lake was impounded to its present size of 17.6 acres through construction of a spillbox structure at the north end of the lake in 1941.
The flooding joined two formerly separate stone quarries with a shallower connecting channel which provides for a diversity of fish habitat in this relatively small lake.
Fish species of importance at Wallace Lake include largemouth bass, bluegill, white crappie, brown bullhead, carp, channel catfish and rainbow trout.
Special fishing regulations are posted at Wallace Lake as follows:
- Largemouth bass - minimum legal keeper size is 12 inches
- Daily harvest limit is two bass per angler
- Rainbow Trout - daily harvest limit is three trout per angler
Wallace Lake receives annual stockings of adult channel catfish in May and the lake receives two stockings of rainbow trout each winter for ice fishing.
Wallace Lake serves as the west side location for Cleveland Metroparks children's fishing derby, which is held in May of each year. For additional event information call 440-331-8017.
For more information regarding the fishery of this lake, the Wallace Lake Management Plan is available online at the following link: /Naturalresources/documents/WallaceMgtPlan.pdf