Register now for the 2017 Educator Open House: Conservation in the Classroom on April 22nd
Registration deadline is April 15th!
Join us this year on April 22nd for a new spin on an old favorite. Educator Open House -- a FREE event for area educators and their families (up to 3 additional guests) at the Zoo where we share educational resources and ideas, and say THANK YOU for all you do for our students and communities! We are committed to continue offering you ways to drive and sustain student learning in your classroom. We are also committed to conservation and advocacy as the Zoo continues to grow as a leader in global conservation efforts. This year, Educator Open House will highlight ways that we blend these important passions to support local teachers and student learning. Come and explore the ways that you can bring advocacy opportunities into your classroom--directly helping wildlife and wild places while also addressing academic content standards. This new and improved event will feature all of your old favorite resources, with new additions around every corner:
- Zoo Educational Programs Showcase will feature information on all of our current program offerings for schools, groups and families; as well as information on our Zoo Bus and our Online Resource Library. Education staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you decide which programs might be best for your students.
- Conservation in the Classroom Mini Workshops offering insights and lesson plans for bringing conservation advocacy into your classroom. Learn how to capture student curiosity and shape it into meaningful conservation action. Workshops are grade level specific. See below for further details.
- Conservation Visionary Breakfast. Teachers enjoy a complimentary breakfast while sharing their ideas on blending conservation advocacy with educational and professional needs. This breakfast is for teachers only. How long you stay is up to you, so feel free to send the family out to enjoy the Zoo.
The first 150 pre-registered teachers to sign-in at the event will receive a FREE GIFT!
Various prizes will be given throughout the day!
Don’t miss the Conservation Advocacy Hot Spots, located throughout the Zoo, they allow you and your family opportunities to engage in hands-on activities to secure a future for wildlife.
When registering for Educator Open House please be sure to indicate the following:
- The grade level you teach
- If you will be attending the breakfast
The Zoo will also be hosting the annual Party for the Planet on this same day. Guests attending Educator Open House can also enjoy the Party for the Planet festivities as a part of this day. Music, DJs, live demonstrations, hands-on activities and booths throughout the Zoo promote conservation and celebration. Come for Educator Open House and stay to Party for the Planet!
Conservation in the Classroom Mini Workshops
Trained Conservation Education staff will be leading short workshops, offering insights and lesson plans for bringing conservation advocacy into your classroom. All workshops take place in the Reinberger Education Building (the brick building where you checked-in) and occur at the following, grade specific times:
High School 12:30pm-1:00pm
PARKING: Parking is free and there are lots of available parking lots to choose from. During high volume days, please park as directed by your Guest Service representative.
CHECK-IN: After parking, please proceed to the Reinberger Education building for check-in between 9:45 am - 1:00 pm. This brick building is just to the left of the Main Gate of the Zoo.
REGISTER TODAY: Advanced registration for the Open House is required. *Only pre-registrants for the Open House will receive admission to the Zoo and The RainForest for up to three additional family members. Deadline for pre-registration is April 15, 2017.
BAD WEATHER?: Come prepared for the weather and wear layers. Most of this event takes place outside exploring the exhibits and meeting with various Zoo Staff members as they explain their various educational programs. This event will occur rain or shine.
CEU CREDITS AVAILABLE BY REQUEST: Professional development credit may be obtained by attending this event. Please tell registration staff that you need a certificate at check-in so that your name can be added to the distribution list.
QUESTIONS?: Please direct any questions or concerns to the Education Registration Staff at 216-635-3391 or email@example.com.
Free to educators and up to three (3) additional guests.
HAVE THE IMPORTANT FACTS:
1. The first 150 registered educators that check in at Registration on the date of the event will receive a giveaway! So arrive promptly and tell your friends to register!
2. Yes, our parking is free. There will be many other events occurring at the Zoo on April 22 as we celebrate Party for the Planet. Please park as directed by your Guest Service representative.
3. When you arrive, you should go to registration in the Reinberger Education building. Check-in between 9:45 am - 1:00 pm. This brick building is just to the left of the Main Gate of the Zoo.
4. We love the Cleveland weather. Rain or shine. Come prepared and wear layers. Most of this event takes place outside; you get to explore the exhibits and meet with many Zoo Staff members while learning about their various education programs.
KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Advanced Registration is required. The deadline for registration is April 15, 2017. Only Educator Open House pre-registrants will receive their admission and admission for three (3) additional family members to the Zoo and The RainForest. On Educator Open House day, you must bring your Registration Confirmation with you to receive free admission.
To get CEU credits, tell registration staff you will need a certificate when you check-in. Professional development credit may be obtained by attending this event. Our staff will add your name to the distribution list for CEU certificates.
WE OFFER PROGRAMS THAT SURPRISE YOU:
Connections to Africa, Nurture the Wonder Preschool Teacher Workshops, Professor Wylde Traveling Show, Career Day, Collaborative Inquiry, Advanced Inquiry Program Master’s Degrees, just to name a few…
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?: Contact the Education Registration Staff at 216-635-3391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.