Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Guest Group Guidelines
Conditions of Use
- Group may access the Zoo from opening (10am) until closing (7 pm on weekends Memorial Day through Labor Day, 5 pm the rest of the year).
- The client must supply a guest list, which will designate who is permitted to attend the party. Guests may be asked to show ID upon entering Cleveland Metroparks zoo. Admission is valid for date of Birthday party only and is good for both the main zoo and The RainForest.
- The party is for the designated number, children must have a chaperone, which needs to be on the guest list.
- Members of the Cleveland Zoological Society are able to use their membership to gain entrance to the Zoo in lieu of a party admission, but the party cannot exceed 20 children.
- Party start/end times are set, please be aware of these when allotting time for travel, parking and getting to party location.
- The host parents are encouraged to bring their own dessert for the party (Cake, cupcakes, pie, etc). However, Treetops Catering by Aramark is the exclusive caterer for the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. No other outside food or beverages are permitted. Please order any additional food 3 days prior to the party (216) 398-5750
- Balloons, confetti, piñatas, and glass containers are not permitted in any facility or in the Zoo.
- Storage & transportation for equipment, food, gifts or goods is not provided, and the Zoo assumes no responsibility for loss.
- Guest Group agrees to comply with all rules and regulations stated in this document prescribed by the Zoo for the management and operation of the Zoo and Rainforest facilities. The Zoo reserves the right to amend, modify, and/or revoke the permission and privileges granted herein at any time
Birthday Frequently Asked Questions:
What comes with the party package?
Two hours in a private party area, Admission to Zoo and The Rainforest for 40 (20 children and 20 Adults), Food/Drinks for 20 (child portions), an interactive educational small animal program, and a special gift for the birthday child. An onsite party host/activity planner. Summer: 20 passes for the Boomerang Train or Lorikeet nectar feeding, Winter: Face painting.
How many people can come to the party?
The party package is for up to 40 (20 children). Party host is responsible for supplying a list of names 5 days prior to the party date.
What if we want more food than just the 20 child portions?
Additional food can be purchased through Aramark. Menu and contact information for catering available on Cleveland Metroparks Zoo website.
What do I need to bring to my child’s party?
Just your child and a cake (cupcakes are usually easier to pass out/eat). Utensils and paper-products are provided but you may bring ‘themed’ ones if you wish. Being a zoo, there is a lot going on, so decorations usually aren’t necessary, talk to the party coordinator if you feel you have decorations you want to bring. If you are going to bring a lot of items a wagon is not a bad idea for transporting everything to and from the space. Gift/goody bags are allowed.
What do I do before the party?
Book the party (we accept Visa, Discover and Mastercard), return the signed contract and guidelines (electronically, faxed, mailed or in person), and make a guest list. Also make sure to convey the entrance policy to your guests. Then get ready for a fun party.
What do I need to do the day of the party?
Relax. Once you have your dessert and get to the party location your job is done. Setting up, running the party and cleaning up is all taken care of so you can enjoy your child’s special day.
How do I book a party?
Contact the party coordinator at (216) 635-3304, or email email@example.com.
Party times are available on a first come, first serve basis.
What happens during the party?
A lot goes on during the two hours; the animal program, food/singing/cake as well as any other add-ons you select for your party. If you have any particular idea of what you would like to have happen share it with the party coordinator while planning your event.
When should guests arrive?
The birthday family is permitted to arrive 20 minutes early to get situated and greet guests. Please encourage all guests to a leave time for parking and walking so they are at the location at the time the party is scheduled to begin. They check in at the main entrance for parties located within the zoo (or in the RainForest for Orchid Room parties).