Every day is a picnic at the Zoo!
Gather under any one of our tented areas or pavilions for a fun-filled outdoor picnic at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. All of our picnic areas are centrally located near our renowned animal exhibits. You can invite all of your friends to flock to your next picnic at the zoo. No need to worry about rain, our animals don't mind, and we have you covered!
Group Guidelines -Picnic
Conditions of Use
Please contact the Group Sales Office with questions 216-635-3304.
- Zoo staff will be on-site during the event. Any event serving alcoholic beverages must have a Cleveland Metroparks Ranger(s) for security. The 2013 rate is $30.00 per hour per ranger (four-hour minimum.) The payment is due14 business days prior to the event via cash, credit car or a check made payable to Cleveland Metroparks.
- Group may access Zoo at 9:30am.
- During the Zoo & RainForest normal hours of operation, group admission rate will be charged for each individual entering the grounds. Ticket order and payment are due one week before the event date. Upon receipt of payment, client may either pick up tickets or provide the Group Sales Representative with the company’s express mail carrier account number.
- Treetops Catering by ARAMARK is the exclusive caterer and holds a liquor license for the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. No outside food or beverages are permitted in rental facilities including tents and pavilions. This includes branded food such as Subway, Giant Eagle catering, etc.
- The Zoo may, at its discretion, limit the time of and/or sound level of live or recorded music.
- Balloons, confetti, piñatas, and glass containers are not permitted in any facility or in the Zoo.
- Invitation copy, pamphlets, and flyers must be faxed or mailed to the Group Sales Office for review and approval prior to being printed for distribution. Allow sufficient time for approval. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo will provide camera-ready art of its Zoo logo and directional map.
- I hereby authorize Cleveland Metroparks to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or video that may pertain to me (or my child/ward, having not attained the age of 18) — including my (or my child/ward) image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment materials, broadcast public service advertising (PSAs), multimedia exhibits or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on Cleveland Metroparks or project sponsor's Internet Web Page and/or digital social media services. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material (if the participant is under 18 years of age, the parent/guardian must sign). rev. 09/13
- Storage & transportation for equipment or goods is not provided, and the Zoo assumes no responsibility for loss.