Parking is FREE
Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted at the Box Office, as well as cash or check. The Zoo's main gift shops in the Welcome Plaza and The RainForest accept Visa, Master Card, American Express or cash (no checks). Food vendors only accept cash.
There are two ATM
s available: Ticket Plaza, Roaring Lion Café
A playground is located near the Primate Cat & Aquatics Building.
Coolers and picnic baskets
are allowed on Zoo grounds. Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, pets and grills are prohibited.
Smoking is prohibited
on Zoo grounds.
Pursuant to Cleveland Metroparks Regulation 521.04: Use of Tobacco on Property of Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo prohibits smoking of tobacco products on any property which is owned by Cleveland Metroparks situated within the Zoo and includes: Zoo grounds, Cleveland Metroparks offices and Zoo administration buildings, picnic areas, restrooms, utility buildings, all indoor facilities and outdoor areas that are accessible to the public.
Guests may smoke only in parking lots (Bear, Hippo, Lion, Otter and Stork). "No Smoking Beyond this Point" signage along walkways will indicate where the non-smoking areas begin.
Tobacco products will include but are limited to the following:
- Smoking tobacco, including granulated, plug-cut, crimp-cut, ready-rubbed and any form of tobacco suitable for smoking in a pipe or as a cigarette
- An article or product that is made of tobacco or a tobacco substitute and that is not a cigarette, including electronic cigarettes
Concealed Carry Permit Holders: Pursuant to ORC Section 2923.126, weapons are NOT permitted in any of the buildings or on Cleveland Metroparks Zoo grounds, and there is no place to store weapons on Zoo grounds. It is recommended that weapons be lawfully stored in a locked compartment or locked container within vehicles.
For the safety of the animals, the Zoo does not provide straws or drink lids. Help us maintain a healthy, positive environment - please do not feed or tease the animals. Keep our waterways clean and safe for the animals. Don't throw objects including coins in the water.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), businesses and organizations that serve the public are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires facilities like Cleveland Metroparks Zoo to allow people with disabilities to bring their service animals onto business premises in whatever areas customers are generally allowed. Moreover, as an institution which recognizes the importance of serving all members of our local and world communities, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo welcomes visitors with service animals consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
Only dogs or miniature horses that are trained service animals will be admitted to the Zoo. Pets, under any circumstances, will not be admitted to the Zoo.
Guests with service animals will:
- Agree to be accompanied by a Guest Services Associate for the duration of visit and agree to remain out of restricted areas. The type of service animal may determine which areas may be restricted. For example, service dogs (canines) are restricted from entering the following areas:
- Wallaby Walkabout
- Contact Yard
- Lorikeet Landing
- Under the ADA all service animals must be under the control of it’s owner/handler. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective means. The care and supervision of the service animal is the sole responsibility of his or her owner.
- In the event that a Zoo animal should respond adversely to the presence of the service animal the owner/handler will move promptly away from the immediate area to avoid injury to the Zoo animal due to fright or panic.
- Service animals may not cross over barriers or otherwise come in close proximity to the Zoo's animal collection.
- Owners will be responsible for all actions of the service animal including the clean-up of all defecation from the service animal.
- Owners will be held responsible for any damages or injury caused by their service animal.
Service animals may be excluded from the Zoo grounds or a portion of the Zoo grounds for the following reasons:
- Aggressive behavior by a service animal toward any other person, including guests.
- An animal that is not being controlled by its owner.
- An animal that elicits extreme fear or aggression from a Zoo animal, creating a direct threat to the health or safety to itself or others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation.
- An animal that is not housebroken.
- An animal whose behavior (e.g., barking) fundamentally alters/disrupts shows or presentations.
- An animal who is showing signs of severe illness creating health issues or direct threat issues to the health and safety of others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation (e.g., severe diarrhea, vomiting, bleeding).
If a service animal is excluded from the Zoo grounds or a portion of the Zoo grounds, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo will make reasonable accommodations to permit the guest to continue their visit. These accommodations will not include kenneling or stabling the service animal.
For additional information about our Service Animal Policy, please contact us at 216-661-6500.
See additional accessible activities at clevelandmetroparks.com.