One of the best ways to experience our park is to take a tram ride. Journey in an open-air tram car, which provides an informative commentary that introduces the animals and exhibits along the tram route. It’s a convenient and comfortable way to ensure you cover the greatest ground during your visit and it’s FREE.
- In Park tram service operates between 10 a.m. until closing
- Travel from African Elephant Crossing directly to the Primate, Cats and Aquatics Building and back
- Other routes may be available
- All routes and times of operation are subject to change
- Trams accommodate strollers and wagons that are empty and folded
- Trams are wheelchair accessible
- Wait time for a tram is approximately 20 minutes. During heavy visitation periods, the wait may be longer.
- Tram service is provided on high attendance days from our overflow parking area in Brookside Reservation to the main entrance.
- Heated transportation is available during the winter
Guests must remain seated and keep arms and legs in the tram at all times. We ask that if you have a small child with you, please hold onto them in case the tram is forced into an unexpected stop. For the comfort of all of our guests, there is no eating, drinking or smoking on the trams.
Please contact us at 216-661-6500 for information about daily tram service and routes.